French Press Brew Guide
Easy to brew and super consistent, the French Press is very reliable. Its classic and well-engineered design hasn’t changed much since its invention in 1929, and it’s perfect for making multiple cups of heavy-bodied coffee in 4 minutes.
- 8 cup French Press brewer
- 56g of coffee beans
- Wooden spoon or coffee paddle
- Tapio Cup
- Pour hot water into French Press to warm it up. This helps maintain temperature during the brewing process.
- Measure out 56g of coffee and grind coarsely to the breadcrumbs’ size.
- Discard water once French Press is named up and add coffee grounds. Start the timer once you add hot water. Fill halfway, saturating all the coffee, making sure there are no dry spots left.
- Once 1:00 has passed, use a wooden spoon to break the top layer. Give it a good stir.
- Now, fill to the top with hot water. Replace top of French Press and allow coffee to brew without pressing down.
- At 4:00, your coffee is ready to be pressed. Firmly push the press down.
- Pour coffee into your Tapio Cup and enjoy. Any remaining coffee should be put into a carafe to avoid over-extraction.